- 1. Material: SA516Gr.70 + SB 443 UNS N06625
- 2. The material shall meet the requirements of ASME Sec. II, Part-A (Latest Edition with Addenda) and NACE MR0103 & HIC requirement.
- 3. Base material shall be in Normalized condition.
- 4. Base plate shall be with following limits by product analysis –
- 5. Carbon – 0.200% max.
- 6. Carbon – 0.200% max.
- 7. Sulphur – 0.002% max.
- 8. Phosphorus – 0.008% max.
- 9. Oxygen -0.003% max.
- 10 Carbon equivalent (CE) – 0.43 max. with formula [CE = C+Mn/6+(Cr+Mo+V)/5+(Ni+Cu)/15]
- 1. Cladding shall be done as per SA-264.
- 2. All clad plates shall be ultrasonically examined inn accordance with SA-578 with acceptance standard level-B and shall meet supplementary requirements of S1 and S7.Scanning shall be 100 % of the plate surface.
- 3. Shear test shall be conducted for all clad plates. Strength of bond shall be minimum 20,000 psi in shear.
- 4. Repair of cladding surface by welding shall not exceed 3% of surface area of individual plate.
- 5. The base material shall be produced to fine grain practice.
- 6. All plates shall be vacuum degassed.
- 7. Product analysis shall be carried out and reported.
- 8. All plates shall be ultrasonically tested as per ASTM A435.
- 9. Simulation heat treatment cycle
Soaking Temperature – 610 ± 10 o C
Holding Time – 3 hours for min PWHT
6 hours for max PWHT
Rate of Heating – 55 o C / hour above 300 o C
Rate of Cooling – 50 o C / hour up to 300 o C
- 1. The hardness shall not exceed 200 BHN in minimum PWHT condition.
- 2. All test results shall be mentioned on the test certificates.
- 3. Metal stamping on the plates shall be done with low stress stamp.
- 4. The tolerances in length, width and thickness shall be on the positive side only.
- 5. Inspection: Material test reports shall be in accordance with EN 10204 – 3.2
Copyrights Reserved with SINOWELL METAL
Leave a Reply